St Andrews Scotland

What do you thank God for?

Thursday, March 30, 2006

love

I dare say i know what it is liked to be truly loved, by friends and family. Through their actions, words, or just their presence, i feel the love.

Like when i left Singapore over a year ago. Friends where just showering me with love.. very special gifts and letters, hugs and kisses.
And then there was this time, quite awhile ago but i vaguely remember, when i was about 8 or 9, some kid at a playground stole my toy or something, and my brother went up to the kid, fronted him, and snatched the toy and returned it to me. Risking his neck for me cos i was too chicken. He was 2 years younger at the time. And still is, haha... anyway.
Countless times i have been given things from people at the expense of themselves. But have you ever felt that someone was giving up too much for you? They loved you so much that they'd suffer just for your benefit. Sometimes i think it's too much, that i don't deserve to be treated the way i am because of what i am.

I guess i'm saying that i'm really feeling the love right now. I'm beginning to understand the true meaning of love. Unconditional, no-holds-barred love. The love that would make mothers dive into choppy waters to save their children, the love that would make a husband run back into a collapsing burning building to save his family, the love that would make a father send his only son to die on the cross, to save people like you and i. I do not deserve this Love, but i was offered it. And you know what, i'm taking the offer. I'm grabbing it with both hands, and never letting it go. Everyone has been offered it. Accept it.

I love you, dear friends.
I love you, Dad and Mom. And Adam of course.
I love you, Jesus.

ALJF


@ 3:33 PM